IFIF’s vision is to provide a unified voice and leadership to represent and promote the global feed industry as an essential participant in the food chain that provides sustainable, safe, nutritious and affordable food for a growing world population.
In order to fulfil its vision, IFIF’s mission is to:
- Represent the global feed industry with international governmental organisations and agencies, including the FAO, WTO, WHO, WOAH and CODEX Alimentarius, on crucial global feed and food issues.
- Promote science-based solutions and information sharing for the feed industry by facilitating global forums, such as the Global Feed & Food Congress (GFFC) and the International Feed Regulators Meeting (IFRM).
- Promote a balanced regulatory framework to support a fair global playing field, facilitate market access and support the competitiveness of the feed and livestock industries.
- Expand the global network of national and regional feed associations and promote the adoption of international standards and global equivalency.
- Continue to support and encourage the sustainable development of animal production.