In order to fulfill IFIF’s vision and mission and to support our industry on the road to the future, IFIF’s work is centered on three strategic pillars:
II. Regulatory & International Standards
III. Education & sharing of Best Practices
IFIF is a member driven organization and experts from the membership actively participate in IFIF’s Standing Committees, Working Groups & Projects under IFIF’s three strategic Pillars.
Working within the three Pillars, IFIF’s experts cover the range of key issues for the feed industry, and contribute to the development of global feed and food industry standards. The key projects being undertaken under the three Pillars include:
Pillar I: Sustainability
One of the key parts of IFIF’s mission is to continue to support and encourage the sustainable development of animal production. To this end IFIF work’s with our members and chain partners to measure and improve the environmental performance of the livestock production chain.
- Specialty Feed Ingredients Sustainability Project (SFIS)
- Global Feed LCA Institute (GFLI)
- Partnership on Livestock Environmental Assessment and Performance (LEAP)
- Global Agenda for Sustainable Livestock
- Nutritional Innovation to promote Animal Health and Welfare
Pillar II: Regulatory & International Standards
Another key part of IFIF’s mission is to support worldwide trade and ensure that future demands for feed and food can be met efficiently. IFIF works to promote a balanced regulatory framework to support a fair global playing field to facilitate market access and support the competitiveness of the feed and livestock industries.
- International Feed Regulators Meeting (IFRM)
- International Cooperation for Convergence of Technical Requirements for the Assessment of Feed Ingredients (ICCF)
- CODEX work relevant to animal feeding
- Implementation of the Globally Harmonized System (GHS)
- International standards for contaminants in feed
- Taxonomy Name Updates
Pillar III: Education & Sharing of Best Practices
To further strengthen the sustainability of the feed and food chain, IFIF supports producers and regulators around the world with a good practices manual and training workshops.