Call for candidates ‘Feed industry expert consultant’ – deadline for submission of applications to email@example.com is 31 January 2019.
The International Feed Industry Federation (IFIF) is made up of national and regional feed associations, feed related organizations, and corporate members from around the globe, representing over 80% of the feed production worldwide. IFIF provides provide a unified voice and leadership to represent and promote the global feed industry as an essential participant in the food chain that provides sustainable, safe, nutritious and affordable food for a growing world population.
IFIF believes that only by working together with all stakeholders in the feed and food chain, including governments, the private sector and non-governmental groups, can we meet the demands of 60% more food, including animal proteins like beef, poultry, fish and dairy products in the future.
Consumer trust and confidence in the safety of the whole food supply chain is vital and IFIF helps to ensure high standards of health and welfare for animals and people, by collaborating with the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), the World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE), the Codex Alimentarius Commission and other international bodies to help set international regulatory standards for the whole feed chain and support fair trade.
In order to fulfil IFIF’s vision and mission and to support our industry on the road to the future, IFIF’s work is centred on three strategic pillars:
- Regulatory & International Standards
- Education & sharing of Best Practices
IFIF undertakes a number of key projects under these three Pillars supported by experts drawn from the IFIF membership. In order to support these efforts, IFIF is now looking for an expert consultant to provide technical and expert support on selected IFIF projects. An overview of IFIF’s current projects can be found here: https://localhost:8080/~sbishop/ifif/our-work/our-strategic-pillars/.
Description & main functions
The role of the IFIF feed industry expert consultant is to support the IFIF Executive Director on a regular part-time basis on the following:
- Provide expert technical support and advice in the area of nutritional innovation and sustainability related to IFIF’s projects and the feed sector.
- Support drafting and review of IFIF contributions to international standard setting bodies, including Codex Alimentarius and OIE consultations.
- Contribute to the drafting and review of IFIF position papers and provide technical and expert advice as needed.
Qualification and skills required
- University degree in a related field of study.
- Substantial knowledge and experience in the agricultural sector, in particular the feed sector.
- Experience in feed regulatory aspects and expert knowledge of feed industry issues.
- Experience in environmental assessments in the agricultural / food chain.
- Fluency in English and professional writing skills.
- Experienced in working in an international environment.
- Teamwork and networking capabilities;
- Track record of accuracy and precision of working, delivery of results in a timely manner.
Time commitment required: This is a part time independent consultant role with an estimated time commitment of 1 day / week. Fees are based on level of the candidate and experience.
Please send in your consultant application to IFIF at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘IFIF expert consultant’, including a motivation letter with an indication of fees, as well as a short CV with three references.
Deadline for applications is 31 January 2019.